Ok, so, bar the obvious stressing, drinking too much coffee, shouting too much at the children, not enough housework etc etc, this is how I am doing it.
1) procrastination. Yep. I’m doing everything but writing what I should be writing. Like now.
2) writing in small 10-20 minute chunks and saving it in two places online. I’m using catch (www.catch.com) and wordpress for a wordcount. I get 300-500 words done per chunk and currently have 45 chunks.
3) writing while feeding when I can’t do anything else.
4) sweary character. She swears. A lot.
5) long first names eg: Hannah Jo, Stephanie Ann, Becky Louise etc.
6) I read somewhere about not writing contractions. I vary this as sometimes it just stilts things.
7) lots of description. I’m over describing.
8) just writing. I hate where my story went. My main character is mental, but I’m still writing for her, talking her out of the knots I gleefully knitted.
9) not worrying about the reader. I’m writing drivel. It doesn’t matter if no one reads it.
10) word sprints. I follow @nanowordsprints on twitter and try to do a couple of them a day.
I also find that although it is slower, being able to write on my phone makes it easier and more practical to find time to write.
So, there you have it.